Welcome back to the second episode of our mini-series Unlocking the User Manual for Your Brain!
If you missed our first episode, head on back to our website and listen in to learn how you can tap into your subconscious mind and start what we call “living at cause”. We are summarizing a bit of our first episode today, but today’s episode is really going to get into the meat and potatoes of the subconscious mind.
When was the last time you went on vacation? Do you remember what it was like to pack up your things and head to the airport? What would happen if the flight attendants took you to the pilot’s chair instead of your assigned seat? Would you be able to fly the plane?
You might not be able to fly the plane right away, but we bet you’d take some time to find your resources, seek some education, and learn how to become a pilot. Trading isn’t much different. You’re already on your way. You’re learning your way around the markets, and now – listening to us – you’re going to learn you way around your subconscious mind. And your subconscious mind is going to completely change the way you trade.
In order for your subconscious mind to successfully influence your trading strategies, you first have to understand how your unconscious operates. That’s why we put the prime directives of our subconscious minds into this neat little list for you:
The 20 Prime Directives of your Subconscious Mind
- The subconscious preserves the body by activating the fight-or-flight response.
- The subconscious runs the body with its blueprint of the body in perfect health.
- The subconscious stores memories and information.
- The subconscious is the domain of emotion.
- The subconscious organizes all memories.
- The subconscious represses memories with unresolved emotions.
- The subconscious also represents memories for resolution
- The subconscious communicates through symbols.
- The subconscious takes everything personally.
- The subconscious always chooses the path of least resistance.
- The subconscious does not process negatives.
- The subconscious can keep memories repressed if they are especially harmful.
- The subconscious is the home where morality is both learned and stored.
- The subconscious needs clear orders to follow.
- The subconscious controls and maintains our perceptions of reality.
- The subconscious absorbs, interprets, and transmits all energy.
- The subconscious maintains instincts and generates habits
- The subconscious needs repetition to create habits.
- The subconscious is programmed to seek more and continue learning.
- The subconscious functions best as a whole, integrated unit.
Which of these will have the biggest impact on your trading success? That really depends on you and the unique way your subconscious organizes information. Understanding these directives is the first step toward tapping into your subconscious, and we’ll be unpacking which directives give the most influence over our trade techniques to help get you started.
Which directives are most important to us? Well, Mark shares his experiences with his directives, especially #9, #11, and #17. Each directive influences us differently, but understanding how both Mark and myself utilize these directives can give you a sense of how much power you are actually capable of.
For example, just because the subconscious takes everything personally doesn’t mean you’re sensitive. This just means you have the ability to make huge personal changes in the way you think, especially when it comes to trading.
The habits, behaviors, and emotions you have toward day trading are all motivated by your subconscious. We take a closer look at #17 in today’s episode to help you understand the habits around your trade strategies and how you can change them.
Ultimately, it all comes down to learning. Even if you’ve been trading for years, it’s never too late to learn something new and start creating new habits.'Only Focus On Repeating The Behaviors And Habits That Are Going To Take You Where You Want To Get to.' Click To Tweet
Our advice is to take a systematic approach to learning and start generating positive habits right from the beginning. We want to help you develop the right habits for both your personal life and your career, so if you’re ready to unlock your subconscious mind, hit play right now.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- A quick summary of what your subconscious brain can do 0:43
- The 20 Prime Directives of Your Subconscious Mind 5:10
- Techniques to tap into your subconscious mind and visualize your success 11:30
- What we mean by directive #11: “the subconscious doesn’t process negatives” 17:40
- The two most important words in the English language 25:11
- How to generate habits that actually benefit you and your goals 32:25
- Our favorite analogy for risk management 43:00
Some Questions We Discuss:
- What do you do when you learn something new? 2:22
- What is the #1 goal of our subconscious mind? 8:11
- Why does our subconscious mind take everything personally? 14:20
- Why are our thoughts (and directive #14) more powerful than our words? 23:01
- How does directive #17 apply directly to trading? 27:20
- How can we integrate the different parts of our experiences to help our subconscious work as a whole? 37:50
- Connect with us online: Trade Pro Academy
- Our favorite quote from Henry Ford: “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re right.”
He is the founder of TRADEPRO Academy, a community of over 25,000 traders.