In today’s episode, we are excited to bring to you an interview with a special guest by the name of Etienne Crete, who is a full-time swing trader and is also the founder of the Desire To Trade podcast.
Etienne is known as the traveling forex trader and he really practices what he preaches – in fact, he has built a life of freedom that allows him to travel the world and pursue his passions while making a full-time income swing trading the forex markets.
When he’s not out exploring new cities and destinations, Etienne also mentors serious traders looking to quit their jobs and pursue trading full-time while also providing huge value to the global trading community in the form of his well-known Desire to Trade podcast. Our very own George Papazov has made several guest appearances on Etienne’s show and you can check out his latest interview here.
In trading, I think you should be seeing yourself as the CEO of a company and not just a trader that takes trades Click To Tweet
We recently had the chance to sit down with Etienne (virtually, of course) for a great discussion on what it takes to be a successful full-time trader, how he made his breakthrough to profitable trading, the importance of developing a trading strategy that fits around your lifestyle, as well as the process of getting funded as a trader.
If you are even remotely interested in making a full-time career out of trading while creating a life of ultimate freedom, you do not want to miss this episode!
Here is a summary of what we discussed:
- Who is Etienne and what does he do? 01:25
- How Etienne was introduced to the financial markets 02:30
- What attracted Etienne to trading the forex markets 06:22
- Initial challenges Etienne ran into when he started trading 08:00
- The importance of developing your strategy as you mature as a trader 10:10
- How Etienne used trading as a means to pursue his passion of traveling 15:00
- The daily routine that Etienne practices in order to stay mentally sharp 18:20
- The big realization that led to Etienne’s breakthrough into profitable trading 22:15
- How seeing himself as the CEO of a company helped Etienne find consistency in his trading approach 27:15
- Some of the limiting beliefs Etienne struggled with and how he overcame them 30:20
- Why working with a performance coach helped Etienne develop his trading mindset 33:00
- How professional traders handle losses and drawdowns 38:57
- Starting a trading podcast to meet other traders and learn from them 42:50
- The most common characteristic of successful traders 46:20
- Getting funded by a private investor and going full-time with trading 50:00
- How to know when it’s the right time to leverage your trading by taking on other people’s money 53:15
- What Etienne would tell himself if he had to start trading all over again 57:12
- Enjoying this podcast? We’d appreciate it if you can drop us a rating and review on iTunes here
- Connect with our community online: Trade Pro Academy
- Catch up with our earlier episodes: Mind Over Markets Podcast
How to Find Etienne Crete?
- Check out his website and podcast here: Desire to Trade
- Check him out on Youtube
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram
He is the founder of TRADEPRO Academy, a community of over 25,000 traders.