In today’s episode, we are excited to bring to you an interview with a special guest by the name of Etienne Crete, who is a full-time swing trader and is also the founder of the Desire To Trade podcast.
Etienne is known as the traveling forex trader and he really practices what he preaches – in fact, he has built a life of freedom that allows him to travel the world and pursue his passions while making a full-time income swing trading the forex markets.
When he’s not out exploring new cities and destinations, Etienne also mentors serious traders looking to quit their jobs and pursue trading full-time while also providing huge value to the global trading community in the form of his well-known Desire to Trade podcast. Our very own George Papazov has made several guest appearances on Etienne’s show and you can check out his latest interview here.
We recently had the chance to sit down with Etienne (virtually, of course) for a great discussion on what it takes to be a successful full-time trader, how he made his breakthrough to profitable trading, the importance of developing a trading strategy that fits around your lifestyle, as well as the process of getting funded as a trader.
If you are even remotely interested in making a full-time career out of trading while creating a life of ultimate freedom, you do not want to miss this episode!
Here is a summary of what we discussed:
- Who is Etienne and what does he do? 01:25
- How Etienne was introduced to the financial markets 02:30
- What attracted Etienne to trading the forex markets 06:22
- Initial challenges Etienne ran into when he started trading 08:00
- The importance of developing your strategy as you mature as a trader 10:10
- How Etienne used trading as a means to pursue his passion of traveling 15:00
- The daily routine that Etienne practices in order to stay mentally sharp 18:20
- The big realization that led to Etienne’s breakthrough into profitable trading 22:15
- How seeing himself as the CEO of a company helped Etienne find consistency in his trading approach 27:15
- Some of the limiting beliefs Etienne struggled with and how he overcame them 30:20
- Why working with a performance coach helped Etienne develop his trading mindset 33:00
- How professional traders handle losses and drawdowns 38:57
- Starting a trading podcast to meet other traders and learn from them 42:50
- The most common characteristic of successful traders 46:20
- Getting funded by a private investor and going full-time with trading 50:00
- How to know when it’s the right time to leverage your trading by taking on other people’s money 53:15
- What Etienne would tell himself if he had to start trading all over again 57:12
- Enjoying this podcast? We’d appreciate it if you can drop us a rating and review on iTunes here
- Connect with our community online: Trade Pro Academy
- Catch up with our earlier episodes: Mind Over Markets Podcast
How to Find Etienne Crete?
- Check out his website and podcast here: Desire to Trade
- Check him out on Youtube
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram
He is the founder of TRADEPRO Academy, a community of over 25,000 traders.