In today’s episode, we discuss the things that no one tells you about full-time trading!
As a bunch of guys that have been trading full-time for the last several years, we are able to share some of our own insights on the benefits and challenges of trading for a living.
If you look on Youtube or on social media, the marketing tactics from charlatans are to pinpoint your problems (time or money) and try to solve it with trading.
It’s a magic pill industry and we have a problem with that at TRADEPRO Academy so we’re here to set the record straightEverybody wants to be their own boss until you take a drawdown and have to hold yourself accountable! Click To Tweet
We reflected on our own experiences as full-time traders and put together the following list of thirteen things that no one tells you about full-time trading:
- You are becoming an entrepreneur
- You have to embrace uncertainty
- You have to constantly look at challenges as opportunities
- You will become more self-aware and reflective
- You will look at everything as risk versus reward
- It can be lonely to trade full-time alone
- You will have a lot of extra time to pursue other hobbies and interests
- Your traditional nine to five career diminishes over time
- You will need to focus more on your health
- You have to focus on personal development
- Money stops making sense
- You have to be or become a fighter
- It really changes your life!
You will walk away from this episode with a deeper understanding of the realities of full-time trading so that you are best prepared to determine whether this is a career where the risk versus rewards lies in your favor!
In this Episode You Will Learn:
- How full-time trading is a form of entrepreneurship 04:30
- Why uncertainty is our business and you have to embrace it 11:00
- How you deal with challenges can affect your chances of success 15:20
- Why being self-aware and reflective allows you to give yourself the feedback to continue to progress 21:00
- Why trading alone can get really dark fast 28:00
- Why you need hobbies and interests to pursue outside of trading 38:00
- How your career resume gets stale quick as a trader 42:12
- How your mental and physical health impact your trading performance 47:00
- Why personal development is important towards your growth as a trader 50:15
- How money stops making sense after a while 54:15
- Why you’ve gotta release your inner fighter 59:50
- How trading really changes your life 62:00
We Also Discuss:
- How being in a community of traders helps you embrace uncertainty 13:04
- Why full-time trading is not for everyone 16:50
- How life is all about filling gaps 24:00
- Georges experience trading alone 30:00
- Why stagnation is not a good approach to trading 52:00
- Connect with our community online: Trade Pro Academy
- Catch up with our earlier episodes: Mind Over Markets Podcast